If you desire a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from one of India’s leading distance learning institutes, then turn to the Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL). SCDL ranks very high when it comes to distance and open learning. They offer educational services to millions of Indian and international students. They offer courses from Management, Humanities to Social Sciences and Arts both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
SCDL has state-of-the-art learning facilities that support academic learning, evaluation, self-learning, and e-Learning. Whether you are currently employed or not, the institute has a place for you as long as you have your 10+2 qualification.
SCDL is an autonomous private institute based in Pune and was established in 2001.
The following are the subjects taught over the 3 years program:
- Personal Finance
- Principles of Finance
- College Mathematics
- Introduction to Computers
- Business Communication
- Business Ethics
- Social Impact of Technology
- Principles of Management
- English Composition II
- General Education Elective
- Introduction to Accounting
- Principles of Marketing
- English Composition I
- Strategic Management
- Principles of Public Speaking
- Accounting for Managers
- Leadership Skills
- Managerial Finance I
- Electronic Commerce
- Organizational Behavior
- Human Resources Management
- Quality Control
- Business Law
- Statistical Analysis I
- Business and Society
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Information Technology
The total fee payable by distance BBA students are as follows:
- General – Rs. 46,000
- Active Defence/paramilitary/police – Rs 43,000
- Foreign students – $2,400 USD
- SAARC – Rs. 92,300 or $1,300 USD
Candidates seeking admission to pursue the distance BBA degree must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must possess 10+2 qualification and must score at least 45% in the examination
- Foreign students must provide evidence of completing high school
- Candidates must be at least 18 years during the time of application
- Awaiting results from candidates are accepted provided they complete their examination within SCDL’s specified period.
- There is no age limit
- Working professionals are expected to provide evidence of their work history
- Admission into the program is strictly on merit and availability of space
How To Apply For Admission
Admission into the BBA program can be done offline and online. Let’s take the offline mode first:
- Purchase the application form in person at the school campus or use SCDL Associates (for General/Defence category for Rs. 760/-)
- The application form costs Rs. 1000/- for General/Defence category and Rs 7,100/- or USD 100 for foreign/SAARC students.
- The application fee is not refundable regardless of your admission status
- Complete the application form and return same to the school’s admission office by hand or courier or post
- Attached photocopies of relevant educational documents to the completed form, 2 passport photographs, evidence of registration fee, and a copy of your ID proof
- All the documents submitted must be attested by a gazetted officer (Class one in this case)
- Candidates who meet the entry requirements would be considered for admission. Letter of admission, plus, a student ID would be sent to all admitted students by post to their various addresses.
For International Students
- Foreign/SAARC students are expected to pay their fees in INR instead of USD.
- All fees are to be paid through Cashier’s Cheque or Demand Draft in favour of the Director SCDL, Pune, India.
- Foreign students having issues with fee payment can contact the relevant department that would be of assistance via email@example.com.
NB: SAARC means South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation
- Visit the SCDL application portal here
- Create a new user profile by providing your name, email address, and password
- Confirm your email address
- Log in to the application portal with your login credentials
- Access the online application form and pay the required application fee using your credit/debit card or internet banking
- Download the program’s e-prospectus on your laptop or smartphone
- Complete the application form and download the completed form
- Attach relevant academic qualifications in the following order; 10+2 certificate, work history certificate (if any), photo ID proof, and 2 passport size photographs.
- International/SAARC students are to attach the following documents; passport showing visa and proof of residency in their home country.
- Check here to confirm your admission status
- Once you are offered admission, pay the tuition fee from your student profile.
- If you have any complain relating to admission, send a mail to the school’s admission office via firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration Of the Program
- The SCDL distance Bachelor of Business Administration degree is a 3-year program
SCDL is an autonomous distance learning institute. The school admission policy is very favourable; thus, students, both working-class and undergraduate like the institute. Presently, the institute’s acceptance rate stands at 92%.
Features Of The Program
- Study materials: Every semester, the school sends study materials to all admitted students. Study materials are also available at the institute’s library if you wish to visit the school campus
- Online Classes: Classes or lectures are held online. As a distance learning student of SCDL, you can interact with lecturers and fellow students online.
- E-mentoring: If you have any issue or concern during the course of your study, feel free to contact the school support centre.
Question 1: As a foreign student, do I need to obtain my visa before purchasing the application form?
Answer: Yes, you need to obtain your student visa before obtaining the form. A passport with the page showing your visa is required before your application would be considered.
Question 2: How credible is the certificate after completion?
Answer: Certificates issued by SCDL are credible. They are recognized by employers of labour across the world.
Question 3: Is the school accredited?
Answer: Yes, SCDL is accredited and recognized by relevant government agencies
Question 4: Can I pursue two undergraduate courses at once?
Answer: No, you cannot apply for two undergraduate courses at once. If you do that, your application would be rejected.
Question 5: Is there project work at the end of the program?
Answer: Yes, at the end of the 3 years program, you would be given a research topic to work on. The research project is part of the BBA curriculum.
Question 6: What do I stand to benefit from studying this course?
Answer: The distance BBA program will equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to thrive in a challenging workplace or environment. The program will also equip you with leadership and managerial skills so that you will act as a leader wherever you find yourself.
- Symbiosis Bhavan
- 1065 B, Gokhale Cross Road, Model Colony,
- Pune – 411016, Maharashtra, India.
- Telephone: +91-20-66211000
- Fax: +91-20-66211040/66211041
- Website: www.scdl.net
Rachael Villam is a certified crypto zealot, finance writer, and a steady swing trader. She is passionate about blockchain’s capacity to transform cities, commerce, and the entire banking system as we know it. Dune bashing, camping, and working with kids are his non-crypto interests.